Monday 15 November, 2010

TBTS UPDATES

Mileage test based on full tank method. 6th November filled full tank fuel and set the trip meter in to zero. Started using the bike as normal. My daily ride contains 1.5Km narrow road 19.5Km stated highway and 8 Km N.H 17 again 2Km city traffic and back to home on same route at evening. Apart from these one long ride to Trikaripur and back total distance of 150Km. In this trip I never ride above 60Kmph (Occasionally needle reached to 70Kmph while over taking passenger cars) On 13th of November again put full tank fuel from the same pump and checked the mileage by dividing total Kms covered by fuel consumed

i.e Total Kms covered = 464 Kms
Fuel used = 9.28Lts
Mileage = AMAZING 50Kmpl


10 comments:

@bh!shek.... said...

What mileage should I expect in city riding from TBTS???

Sathish Shanbhogue K said...

It's depend on the traffic may be between 35 to 40 kmpl.

@bh!shek.... said...

within city i can ride between 40-55kmph. so at this speed what mileage can i expect???

Sathish Shanbhogue K said...

Then defiantly you will get milage between around 45kmpl

@bh!shek.... said...

oh!!!thanx a lot...

raj said...

@bh!shek..., Mr.Sathish Shanbhogue K is right you should be getting 45+KMPL. As I am getting 49-50KMPL @ 2500RPM @ 40-55KMPH. Fuel matters a lot for performance of the bike. I commute every day 80KMs Up/Down in Bangalore city, my bird gives me 49-50KMPL.

Sandeep said...

Iam planning to buy TBTS shortly,iam short so does it suits me?

Sathish Shanbhogue K said...

Just test ride the vehicle before buy... I think it give you better idea..

Thej said...

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a TBTS. But, I havent driven a geared vehicle for a long time. (I had driven Suzuki samurai more than 10 yrs back). Initially, I am thinking to buy a second hand motorcycle which has a gear system similar to TBTS.

I would like to know from you folks which all vehicles have the gear system same as Thunderbird so that I can get used to it and then book the Thunderbird.

let me know

Thanks,
Thejas
Bangalore

Sathish Shanbhogue K said...

All 150cc Models of Hero/Honda/Yamaha/Bajaj, TVS's are having same shifting patter i.e one down 4up apart from this Suzuki Slingshot 125 also comes with 5 speed with same shifting pattern.